2nd Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 07, 2007

The Monday 8 -- Because I'm THAT Late...

1. It's been a crazy few days. But I am happy to announce we have now officially appreciated our K-5th parents, sold some summer t-shirts (get yours for $7!), recruited a few volunteers, registered kiddos for camp, and honored our graduating 5th graders. [Insert GINORMOUS sigh of relief here.]


2. Myra, Patrick, and Morgandy came to town over a week ago and we had a wonderful dinner visit along with our friend Jenn and her son Henry. This pic is obviously me with Morgandy. I was glad to renew our connection as I'd not seen her since cutting her umbilical cord 6 months prior.


3. The picture also shamelessly shows off my highlights. I've been asked for photo documentation by my friends far away. Here you have it. Ignore the weird bangs-in-face situation.



4. I'm taking a survey: Do you think I should use the "labels for this post" section?



5. Tonight starts the new round of Mustard Seed Workshops. I'm looking forward to it as I sometimes feel stuck in the "Christian cocoon" -- meaning I only ever interact with Christians, and largely within the walls of our church. So it will be great as I look for ways to expand my circle of influence.



6. We have hired summer youth interns! I am SO excited for them to arrive. There is something about summer that completely energizes me. All the activity and excitement -- it's the perfect way to precede fall.



7. Speaking of fall, I've got 2 weddings to participate in this fall. Jayna and Matt are getting married Sept 1st (and yes, the orange bridesmaid dress is on order!) and Deanna and Aaron are getting married late October (dress TBD).



8. My pal Becky and I went shopping on Saturday and as we were driving back to the mall to retrieve my car, we listened to Jack Johnson. I still want to try a banana pancake. So if anyone knows where I can get one, please pass the word along!

5 comments:

Jill said...

i can't really figure out what the point is of "label for this post" so i say skip it...but i may just not be "with it" enough to understand.

myra said...

Where is that labels section? I can never find it. And I think IHOP has Banana-something-rather-pancakes - if you dare ;). Oh I want to see your orange dress. Send me a pic please.

Anonymous said...

1. It's nice to see you'll always have bigger dimples than babies.

2. It's nice to remember what you look like, highlights and all.

3. If you use the labels you get more blog traffic, so if you want to become blog queen of the world, you might want to start using them.

4. I don't like bananas, but I'd eat a banana pancake just because of Jack. I do like banana bread, but not banana pudding. Weird.

5. Remember that time, a million years ago, when we were interns together at Mac. Sheesh we're old.

Stacey said...

I almost didn't recognize you. Good look...I like it. =o)

Jaime said...

I love the summer time too...so many exciting things going on. It makes me really miss being a part of the summer camps at OC.