Marin's gone from one move (what is the "step" equivalent in crawling, anyway???) to two or three, then four...and now...look out world! I counted ten this afternoon. TEN!
I'm also in a smidge of denial but she -- I'm hoping accidentally -- pulled up to a full standing position in the nursery tonight at church. What?!
Guess I really need to follow through with that babyproofing plan, huh....
In other news, I wore sweat pants to church tonight. I feel liberated and ashamed all at the same time.
And on a completely different topic, I had a random comment from a random person (who is probably very nice, but I don't know her and the words "stranger danger" keep playing in my mind) pretty quickly after I made my blog public again and it kind of weirded me out...so...back to private for a few weeks longer, I think. Sorry!
Peace out.

4 comments:
Watch out world, here she comes! Way to go wig the sweat pants. Very freeing!
I work with a group of people much younger than I am, some with small children. We were talking about how things have changed over the years. When I was a little girl, visiting my grandparents in a small town in North Mississippi, it was nothing for me to walk by myself down the mostly dirt main street to the general store to get the mail for my grandmother. If I wasn't home in a reasonable period of time, she'd get on the "partyline" (an early version of Facebook, if you think about it) and locate me within a few minutes. When I was raising my son, we were still in a small town but the parental network was a little tighter, and my rules a bit more stringent. Now? If I had a child now, he or she would be fingerprinted, microchipped, and carrying a cellphone with a GPS that I could track. So, I completely understand the public vs private conundrum. Pity, isn't it?
Okay, this is the first time it's let me on in months, so I enjoyed seeing all the photos of the last few months. She is truly a beautiful baby. Of course you know this, but confirmation is always nice :)
Scarlett was like that. Just sitting one day, and then she started crawling and pulling up all in the same week. Thankfully it still took her a while to walk.
Way to go Marin!
Post a Comment