2nd Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

4 months!

I decided to try something new and actually update my blog on the day I intended, rather than weeks later.  I know -- it's a radical move. 

My sweet girl is already 4 months old today!  I can't even believe it.  I was rocking Marin this afternoon and I just couldn't help but tear up, thinking how much she's grown in such a short time.  Everyone always says how quickly the time flies with little ones, and I've discovered that they say it because it's true!  Blink, and a quarter of a year passes with it...

Marin goes tomorrow for her well check and shots, so I'll have to post again with her official measurements.  I'm guessing she's in the ballpark of 25" and 15.5 pounds.  Feel free to take your guess, too!

Our little cupcake is not only a hands-on girl, but also a mouth-on girl.  I've caught her more than once putting toys to her mouth in recent days.  She's been putting her thumb, hand, arm, blanket, dress, you-name-it in her mouth for weeks -- but getting beyond swatting at toys  on the play gym to actually putting them in her mouth was new.  She's down to 5 bottles of 6 ounces a day.  She's in her 3-6 and 6-month clothes and still in size 2 diapers. 

Here are some pics from the last few days.  My cup runneth over!





5 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I'm not very good at math but your girl is a third of year old and that's even bigger than a quarter. I only say that because I realized Lindy turned 5 1/4 this week and I hate it...I hope I didn't just make you cry.

Marin is such a beautiful baby and I think if I were you I would ditch the laundry, abandon the housework, and take pictures of her all.day.long.

It is bittersweet when they grow but I know you are so grounded that you will enjoy your treasure at each and every stage of life.

Happy 1/3 of a year little Lulu Cupcake!

xoxo~
Lisa

Tamra said...

I think all evidence points to ME not being good at math, Lisa! You're right. She was 1/4 last month, 1/3 this month. Fortunately, I have two more months before the next fraction pops into mind. Ha!

Jennifer Schroeder said...

Such a sweet girl! Happy 4 months, Marin.

myra said...

She is so beautiful! Thanks for updating ;).

Smiles from the Road said...

Marin has grown so much!!! She is a doll! We look forward to seeing her and her mom and dad when get back to S.A.