Sometimes my little pregnancy ticker thing at the top of the page gets behind. That frustrates me, as I don't want to be any less pregnant than I am. I want to move ahead, move forward, keep going.
That's probably why, when my doctor decided to put April 16th as my EDD on my chart at our last visit even though my EDD is really April 14th -- because the 14th is based on my ovulation date and the 16th is based on the date of my last P -- I smiled sweetly and said okay. But as soon as we left the office, I told Mark in no uncertain terms that I am due April 14th and I am going to continue counting my pregnancy weeks as renewing on Wednesdays rather than Fridays (today puts me at 15 weeks, thanks). I don't know why I'm so sensitive and unrelenting on this. It'll serve me right if he or she holds out on being born till April 16th, huh?
In other Baby B news, we're scheduled for the big ultrasound on November 24th. Stay tuned to find out whether you'll be aunts or uncles!

6 comments:
oooh...doesn't that irritate you?? i was really sensitive about that too! i felt like i was probably the only person in the world who would correct the nurse/dr. if they were even a day off. "No...I'm not 20 weeks...I'm 20 weeks and TWO DAYS"\
:)
Tams, I felt like that with Chloe. I couldn't wait to be just one more week pregnant. Now things have changed. The doctor pushed back my due date by a week, and I was like "thank you, one more week of sleep!" Can't wait to find out what you're having!
I've always wanted to be an uncle...can't wait to find out!!
I'm sorry that I am giggling at your misery. Those 2 days really do make a difference, and I will begin dutiful prayer that baby Beltheshazzar or Rahab (how do you like the girl's name I came up with) will be born on the 14th.
Dr. Lackritz used to tell me all the time that I was not as far along as I knew I was and I would do the same thing. With Zoe I knew knew knew when it was because - well I just knew. So you just keep plugging along with your 15 weeks and don't forget to enjoy some of it. I look forward to a healthy baby "whatever". BTW Jeff was always partial to the name Festus - since we didn't use it you are welcome to it : )
You stick to April 14th. You get whatever you want when you're pregnant. ha!
Post a Comment