2nd Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 04, 2008

Catching Up -- Nutshell #1

I wish I'd documented all the food I ate on my birthday. Mark picked me up from the car shop that morning and took me for breakfast tacos at Bill Miller. And then before I went to Christian Heritage to read at their Christmas Story-A-Thon, he took me for blueberry pancakes at the Magnolia Pancake Haus. And then for dinner, I had the best steak ever, plus yummy potatoes and bread (I tried asparagus, but...oogey) at Ruths Chris Steak House downtown. I even got this delicious key lime pie for dessert!


Of course the other birthday excitement revolved around the news that the major repairs needed to drive my car out of the shop would cost as much as the value of my car. Since Mark and I had already planned on me getting a new vehicle in the spring, we decided to not waste money in fixing Old Black. Our friend Hershel got us hooked up with a guy who owns a salvage yard and was willing to pay what we'd hoped for my car. Plus, he took care of towing it! All's well that ends well. And I am now the proud driver of a Honda CR-V!

Oh, and in case my parents are reading this: I promise not to discard you so casually when your repairs get costly. :)

3 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

It's about time, my dear. I mean, what are you doing all day???? You really don't have anything going on.

What a great birthday Mr. B. planned for you. Can he give Mr. O. some lessons???

I like the new ride and congratulate you on your new purchase. Enjoy it.

Hope you're off to a good new year.

Love,
Lisa

Jill said...

love the new ride! happy b-day :)

Shannon West said...

sometimes it's better NOT to document all the food we eat!

have you decided on a name for the new ride yet?