2nd Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 30, 2006

End of the Spear

Okay, some of my blogging friends have already put in a plug for the movie End of the Spear, out in theaters now. But here is one of my own. GO SEE IT!

It's not "entertaining," per se, but it is important. I'm amazed that this movie was made, let alone playing in mainstream theaters. Based on a true story that began in the 1940's and continues to this day, it is set in the jungle of Ecuador at the Amazon Basin. This movie is about reaching out to be Jesus to others and having a heart that sees beyond the box. It's about forgiveness and grace and mercy. It is a powerfully moving story. It's still stirring my personal thought and introspection and I saw it 3 days ago.

Seriously, hit up the matinee for $6. Part of the proceeds go toward the work being done with indigenous tribes so you're not only getting to see this great story, but you're helping others at the same time. Now...go!

3 comments:

Suzy said...

I can't wait to go and see it. I have been reading up on the history on their website. It's amazing!

Dara said...

Well I was on the fence about paying to go see it in the theatres, but now that I know where the proceeds go I need to check it out.

Krista said...

I have heard nothing but good things about this movie and I can't wait to see it!