2nd Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 06, 2006

monday night musings

I commend the parents attending our Bringing Up Boys class on Monday nights. It is encouraging to see parents seeking to be the best they can be, and relying on godly support to do so. I don't have kids (which makes it particularly ironic for me to be co-teaching this class), but I pray that if I ever do, I will remember to be humble.

He's the potter and I'm the clay. I wouldn't change that; I know it's his plan. In my quiet time, I've begun asking him to pick up the lump of clay that embodies me and begin kneading it and shaping it more in his image. He's faithful and he answers prayer. So please pray that I allow him to complete in me the work which he's begun.

What ties these seemingly disjointed thoughts together is this: Tonight in our B.U.B. class, we were discussing peer influence and how it can be both positive and negative. I have to say a huge prayer of thanks for God raining down on me some amazing friends who encourage me spiritually, who lift me up regularly in prayer, and who hold me accountable for becoming the woman God designed me to be. It truly does help to know you're not walking the road alone.

1 comment:

myra said...

Amen sister. Thanks for being one of those friends to me! Love you Tams!