I'm cooking more now that I'm home. But I kind of feel like we get stuck in food ruts. You know, eating the same few things over and over. Since I'm trying to make something new or different every week-ish, what are some of your favorite go-to meals?
9 comments:
Have you tried e-mealz? Just google it. It's a weekly meal plan you subscribe too. There are several different options, but the shopping list is already made and organized. Most meals take 30 min or less to prepare. If you don't like or want a meal you just cross off the corresponding ingreds for that meal from the list. It charges $15 for 3 months, but that's only $1.25 per week to have all the planning done for you! I just signed up recently, but I already love it.
Our family loves chicken enchiladas and pulled pork sandwiches, I can email you the recipes if you like!
Karen - good idea. I will look into it!
Lindsay - yes, send the chicken enchilada recipe. We do pulled pork already. Love it!
the bruschetta chicken on the back of the whole wheat stove top stuffing box is yummy and easy to make. The veggie casserole on the back is pretty yummy too. Just not as flavorful. We like homemade pizza too. Just buy the pillsbury crust and put different toppings on depending on what you have laying around!
Not sure if you like fish, but i have been making a lot of fish or shrimp tacos lately. They are quick, easy, and healthy.
Ham and Egg Rice Fry!
Scramble 6 eggs in 2T oil. Remove from skillet. In same skillet cook 1 cup rice in 2 cups of water. Cover and cook until rice is tender and water is gone. Add ham chunks, eggs and 2T oil and 2T soy sauce. Heat, stirring, until heated through.
A classic from my childhood that now Jeremy loves. He is always happy when I make it.
Also, we have subscribed to Cooking Light and Simple&Delicious magazines. They help add variety to our meals. :)
I've got LOTS of recipes that I could give you, but I don't think you would care for them to much because many of them involve tofu. HOWEVER, we do lots of burritos--tortillas, refried beans (homemade or store bought), lettuce, tomatoes, then Greg adds cheese and maybe some taco meat.
How about coming to my house FOR dinner so we can finally meet the Little Miss? That 's a night you don't cook? Call me....
Tamra, I just signed up for e-mealz last week, and I absolutely love it!
Post a Comment