2nd Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 28, 2010

6.75



Marin wore a headband/bow for the first time on Wednesday.  I think she was darling.  Not many girls can carry off a pear outfit AND a bright green hair accessory at the same time. 

I'm sure I win the Bad Mom Award for not documenting my child's existence any better than I have, but trust me, she's here!

At 6.75 weeks, Marin's doing great with milestones and developmental achievements.  Born weighing 5 pounds. 14 ounces, she is up to 9 pounds, 8 ounces now!  I'm not sure how long she is as we've not had a recent measurement, but she's growing there too.  She is super strong and continues to impress us with her head and neck control.  She has a fantastic smile, although I don't know that we've caught it on camera. 


Mark and I went out for the first time without her tonight, leaving her with her very first babysitters.  We figured the preacher and his wife were a good pick to do the job -- plus, they offered!  We had a very exciting time out on the town, going to dinner, K*hls's, ice cream and the grocery store.  We missed our girl and were ready to get home.  Plus, I'm pretty much wiped out by 9:00 most nights. 

Our little Sock Monkey is growing so quickly we can hardly believe it.  We love our girl and are so proud to be her parents!

7 comments:

Jennifer Schroeder said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures of sweet Marin. She is gorgeous. And I have every intention of sending you an email (as I had have that same intention for the last month), to catch you up on things. Maybe this weekend I can do that. Also, the husband and I joined blog forces, and I have now moved over to wordpress. The new blog address is www.gregandjennifersworld.com. Again, I promise to catch up with you soon.

April said...

She looks just perfect! I want to meet her in person!

Arwen said...

What a cutie pie! We are excited to get our hands on her! We love you guys!

Chera said...

Awwww...she's beautiful! I'm glad Mark and Ellen got to be her first babysitters so you and Mark could get out. I remember how WEIRD that felt for the first time!

Jaime said...

She is a precious girl. Love the pear and ensemble. Glad you guys got a date night!

Mandy said...

She's so beautiful Tams! I want to hold her!

Anonymous said...

Tamra, Marin is gorgeous! Loving the pear outfit too!