I've taken the netbook and am currently holed up on the midway landing of our staircase. Why? Because when I went to blow my nose in the powder room downstairs, I discovered Black Crawly Thing on the wall. And it doesn't look like something I want to squash on the wall with my husband's shoe. So now I'm torn. Do I pretend Black Crawly Thing isn't there and hope Mark gets home in time to take care of it, or do I brave the wild frontier myself?
Also, and completely unrelated, I think I've talked myself into using the remainder of our holiday stamps on the thank-yous I need to send out for baby gifts received thus far. There are certain friends and bill collectors who've received said stamps in recent weeks. Nobody's rejected the mail. I'm not being wasteful. So this is okay, right?

5 comments:
Your first dilemma reminds me of something I saw on AFV Sunday evening. Spider under little girl's shoe (between the sole and the heel). Mom too scared to kill it calls dad. Dad pulls up in driveway in work vehicle...dad is a cop. Picks up shoe and kills spider. Just thought it was funny.
Second dilemma...I'm sure there are those out though who would say it's tacky, but to me, stamps are stamps. Use them!!! ;o)
Of course it's ok, use the stamps.
Kill the spider. You can do it!!!
Totally and completely okay to continue using the holiday stamps. You are just extending the joy of the Christmas spirit.
UPDATE: I used the stamps. But I did include a disclaimer in all the cards that featured the stamp. I guess we'll see who my real friends are after this one.
As for Black Crawly Thing, he met his end after I cleverly rolled up a newspaper and flicked him from the wall to the nearby toilet. It was an Olympics-worthy feat of skill and precision.
I'm impressed, I would have called Brandon and made him come home and kill it...he seriously had to drive home twice last year to kill spiders for me!!
Post a Comment