2nd Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

Mark has told me for months -- maybe even a year -- that he thinks I'd look good in purple. I hadn't found anything I liked in a shade that I liked, but I kept his comment in mind. So over the weekend, I bought a purple shirt and just knew he'd be excited about this wardrobe addition. I trotted it out today and do you know what he said to me? "Hey, Barney...." I feel totally duped.

13 comments:

kara said...

ohhh tamra, i dont mean to laugh at your expense or anything.... but i did just laugh out loud for about 3 minutes straight!

Jaime said...

Oh NO he didn't! Why is it that guys can do that to us? The other day I had on some gold sandals and I wasn't sure about how they went with the ensemble and Ben called me Cleopatra. Not nice!! I bet you looked beautiful in your new purple top and I hope to see you in it soon. :-)

Kayla said...

No he di-int...

Jill said...

i love purple...what do guys know?! :)

myra said...

I was going to say that Mark's comment sounds like something a certain "guest blogger" would say. lol ;)

Arwen said...

Well, at least he didn't just give you the ol' Marky smirky-smile - the one that always convinces me he is laughing at me on the inside! And, FYI, Becky convinced me to purchase a purple shirt while she was here. I haven't actually worn it out in public yet, but I'll give it a go just to show my Blankinship women solidarity!

Ben said...

HAHAHAHAH - That's a blog! Love it.

Anonymous said...

They just don't get it, do they?? Totally cracks me up.

Unknown said...

"I love you, you love me"... sing it with me! It was wrong of him to call you that - thanks for the laugh!

Chera said...

That so sounds like Mark! Ricky does the same thing to me just to see what my reaction will be...ha! I bet purple looks great on you!

April said...

Ha ha! It's nice to know that guys never grow out of the "foot in mouth" syndrome! The other day, I was telling Austin that I haven't felt cute lately and in the same conversation he told me I should start working out! It was completely unrelated but it sounded so bad! Ha! And for the record, I bet you looked beautiful in purple. And Jaime, gladiator sandals are totally in right now, don't listen to Ben!

The Stringers said...

What a knucklehead!

OK Chick said...

Ah! What a goofball. I'm sure you looked great!