2nd Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Recap: Anniversary

We celebrated our first anniversary by taking a little weekend trip.  We stayed at Floy Farm, a little ranch in Flatonia where we went quail hunting.  That's right.  I said WE went quail hunting.  In the name of trying to spend a little quality time with my darling husband, I agreed to try my hand at quail hunting.  Pictured are the flowers Mark got for me, along with our cake topper that we actually ate a piece of (Jayna, that was for you!), 
Mark and me with our "loot" -- 11 of 20 birds, 
and me with the first of two birds I managed to shoot myself (we were both shocked).  
After our stay at FF, we went to La Grange where we stayed at Brendan Manor, a quaint little B&B.  That was definitely my part of the trip -- jacuzzi tub, long nap, no agenda, etc.  All in all, it was a great weekend.  Time has really flown, but I am so grateful to have spent it with Mark.  He is a wonderful, caring husband and I am so blessed to have him!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would see the day! QUAIL?? I'm so glad you all had a great anniversary. It's hard to believe that a year (plus a couple months) have passed. You guys are such a cute couple!!

Kayla said...

Did you just leave the birds lined up or did you do something with them!!!?

Tamra said...

The ranch guy cleaned the birds for us, packed them on ice, and sent them home with us in a cooler. Mark's already eated a couple of them.

Chera said...

How fun!! Looks like Mark is teaching you all sorts of "country stuff!" Happy Anniversary..y'all make a great couple!! ;o)

myra said...

Yay for a post! ;). Glad you had a great anniversary!

Unknown said...

Look how happy Mark's face is that his wife went with him and shot and gun and even killed with him. You are good my friend!!! Happy Anniversary to you guys!

Deborah said...

Wow, can't believe it's already been a year. You did a good job going and doing something he likes to do. That made him proud, I'm sure, and blessed to have a wife like YOU. Now what will he be doing to reciprocate?? heehee

Jayspee27 said...

And how was your cake topping treat?? I am a little shocked by the whole quail situation, but yeah... tastes like chicken! I am sooo glad you guys had a wonderful anniversary getaway! There is nothing like the anniversary getaway. :) LOVE YOU!

OK Chick said...

Tams! You went hunting. HA! Good for you. Did you feel all powerful and stuff? Happy Anniversary.