2nd Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 07, 2008

Happy 4th on the 7th!

I hope y'all (which would be the grammatically correct way to spell it, in case you were wondering) had a wonderful long weekend!

Mark and I went down to the coast for a couple of days. Thanks to Roger and Beth for opening their home to us, and Laura and Colten for sharing a room so we could have Laura's. We had such a great time with everyone!

On Friday, Roger took us all out into the Corpus Christi bay on his boat...in the rain. I was concerned, but all turned out well. I joined my husband for a little wade fishing, which means we were standing out in the middle of the water rather than fishing off a pier or the coastline. (Yes, I was wearing my life jacket in 4-feet-deep water.) I couldn't do much fishing for a number of reasons, including the fact that I don't have a pole, so I opted to provide an exciting color commentary as Mark fished.

Perhaps this is why Mark finally gave me the pole, so I would be distracted from my distraction. And guess what. I CAUGHT A FISH!!! It wasn't a "keeper," but I didn't care. I caught a fish and reeled it in despite Mark's lefthanded reel. I'M AN AMBIDEXTROUS FISHER-WOMAN!!! (Okay...so this might be slight exaggeration but hey...it's my blog. I can exaggerate if I want to.)

The fish I caught was aptly named a lady fish (aka: skipjack, but I prefer the girly name). We didn't have a camera out there in the water and we didn't keep the fish, so I found a picture on the good ol' WWW for you to enjoy.

Hope yous guys (that's for you, Kim!) had a great 4th as well! Happy Birthday, America!

7 comments:

Jill said...

if only they had such things as pink lady fish...or jimmy choo fish, or gucci fish...i might actually fish. it does sound like fun...glad you had a good time, but next time, take some pics :)

Unknown said...

Great Job fisherwoman! I love that he gave you something to fish with so you would stop the talking- that cracks me up!

Deborah said...

Not a good picture of the fish -- I know that yours was a LOT BIGGER than that one was (yep, I used to fish, I know the lingo.... ha!)

Gena said...

Hey Tamra. I know I have stalked you, too. I don't know why I never commented before! I remember looking at pictures of you at your wedding, and thinking how gorgeous you were. Hope y'all are doing well. (That's how I would aphostra-size it);)

The Stringers said...

Thanks!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Love the fact that you provided color commentary for a sport where you're supposed to be very quiet...

As I told you yesterday, love really has stretched your boundaries, hasn't it?!

Yo, you actually know someone who says yous guys??? I can validate it isn't just from My Cousin Vinny.

xoxo,
Lisa

Amanda said...

Hey Tamra! It's been awhile since we've been in touch. I'm glad to get back to your blog.

I'm impressed that you went wade fishing. I have done a lot of fishing with my husband, but have never been brave enough to wade!! Good job! :)

I look forward to reading more.