We forgot to actually tally the number of dresses I tried on, but figured it was somewhere in the vicinity of 45. I never expected it to be so hard. There were a lot of really pretty dresses out there, and I liked almost all of them. And by the end of that exhaustive day, I could hardly tell up from down, let alone distinguish what made this dress different from that dress.
On Sunday, I decided to "chew the elephant in bites," so to speak. I set up a plan to go back to each of the stores on my lunch break and/or after work during the week so I could look through the dresses, try on the stand-outs, and then make a decision.
But as luck, fate, or God's graciousness would have it, it only took me 30 minutes to find THE dress at lunch on Monday. I won't post a picture of it here since Mark occasionally sneaks a peak at the ol' blog, but I absolutely love it and knew it was the dress for me as soon as I put it on. I got goosebumps and tears and didn't want to take it off!
Now that that item is checked-off on my To Do List, I can move on to other seemingly less significant things. Incidentally, I am taking all the help I can get with referrals and recommendations for affordable photography, cake, flowers, and invitations. :)





10 comments:
Glad you found a dress! On to the next task!!
Oh Tamra, how exciting! I am glad you found the one for you!
I hope all the other details of your wedding will go as smoothly as finding the dress.
I am sorry I can't be of help when it comes to recommendations. However, there are just a few people I'm sure who'd love to give you advice. :o) Let me know if you need help making any calls or gathering facts...
These are exciting times!!!
Love,
Lisa
Ha, ok I have to say that my heart stopped when I saw this post because I thought you had posted your actual dress. How could I have thought you would be that silly:) I loved all the dresses and I ESPECIALLY love the ONE.
you will make a beautiful bride! do we get to see pics of Mark trying on tuxes too? :)
I LOVE the pictures of the actual dress Linda showed me today. It is beautiful. Glad you found just what you were wanting. Can't wait to see you in it very soon.
i'm just a tad jealous that my sister has seen THE dress, but think you look so pretty, happy, bride-y...in the ones you shared. :)
Ok, I seriously almost had a heart attack after our last conversation and seeing this post. I thought you had lost your mind. I should have had more trust, of course, and known you would never post a picture of you in your real dress.
Tams, my sister has designed many invitations and programs. In fact, she did Kody and mine. Send me an email or call me if you're interested and I can get you her number. ---Kristie Speer
I found you through Osborn Odds N Ends. Lisa and I have a mutual friend and both have daughters adopted from China. I wanted to let you know that I work for a photographer (in my opinion, one of the best in SA). You can check my bosses work at www.love-stories.com.
lovely,you are just lovely and I truly miss you!
Post a Comment