2nd Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 17, 2007

is this thing on?

"Life in the Fast Lane" is not only a mediocre Eagles song, but also a very apt description of my life as of late. I feel like I'm constantly accelerating, barely having time to check the side- and rear-view mirrors for cops. There's just so much to do, and so little time, and it doesn't seem likely to end. I suppose that's just part of life.

For those on "Thesis Watch," I am happy to report that I took the necessary steps to enroll in a credit hour and am also checking on requirements to apply for graduation. I found out this week that my Thesis Chair has stepped down as she's transitioning into an administrative role at the university. However, my new Chair is a former teacher of mine whom I like a lot, so I feel very blessed in this transition. Also, the official word is that I need to get my paper finished by November 1st so there is time to do oral defense, binding, etc., by December. I'm channeling my very best Engine That Could: "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...."

4 comments:

Tabs said...

Hey chica, check my blog, I tagged you! :) Miss you!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Yea!!! I consider myself on thesis watch and am thrilled to hear you're taking steps forward. I pray God will give you time, energy, wisdom, patience, and insight as you do what you need to do to get things done.

I know things are super busy for you but I don't think you will regret focusing on this. I hope you can get in the middle lane for a while, my friend.

Love,
Lisa

Amanda said...

I didn't even know you are back in school and writing a thesis!! :( What are you studying?? Sorry to be so out of the loop. Hope you are able to keep some balance. Don't forget to take care of yourself health wise: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.

myra said...

Yay! I know you can do it and will be so glad that you did! Doesn't it feel great to see the light at the end of the tunnel?