If you aren't in the mood to create a visual image, I suggest you come back another time. If, however, you are rip-roaring-ready-to-go.... Picture this:
I (your dear pal Tams) went to the pool (although I cannot actually swim) with a mask and snorkel and fins (actually, two pairs of fins) and dive toys (cute little squiddy looking things) to practice snorkeling (yes, at a public pool). Even better, I have done this more than once. And surprisingly, I have kinda gotten a hang of this snorkeling thing.
The lady who works at the pool was commenting Saturday night, "She's that girl who is learning how to snorkel. She's getting better. She's even diving for toys now." Does anyone else get the sense she'd been talking about me previously? :)

8 comments:
Tams~
I am choosing to laugh with you, rather than at you. I commend you for getting out there--gear and all--and practicing despite it being a bit unconventional. I can't swim, either, and whenever I've snorkeled I have worn a life vest and barely gotten into the water. I know I look a bit geeky but it is the only way I'll do it. No doubt people talk about me but I'm trying to learn not to care. I am glad you didn't care, too.
Are we taking a trip somewhere?????? :o) Do tell...
thank you for that visual...love it!
I can't wait for the Breaststroke and Butterfly lesson blogs... I think we need some pics of you in goggles... Seriously though, kudos to you for getting out there (apparently you just needed the right motivator...).
Lisa, I pretended to snorkel last year in Cozumel and I not only had that blow-up vest thing, but used a big foam vest like a kickboard. NERD ALERT! And no, I don't have a trip planned just yet...but you never know which pool I might terrorize next! :)
Thanks for a big laugh today. Love it!
Nice visual. I needed a laugh today. Thanks for providing it!
I just fell out of my chair... I loved the visual! ... but i agree with luke -- we need some pics!! sounds like things are going well! I miss talking to you! let's have a phone date soon!
Umm, that story made my day! Hands down best story of the day.
thanks tams
Post a Comment