2nd Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Okay...So I'm Overdue...

I was told I should add an item for each day I'm late on my post. So I present to you the Sunday Seven, with apologies.

1. On Friday night, I saw the movie "In the Land of Women" and I have to say, it may be more of a rental. I was glad Meg Ryan looks slightly less plastic-y than she did a while back, but I'm still disturbed by the plumpness of her lips. One caveat: if you only like movies which resolve all areas of conflict and stress, this may not be the movie for you.

2. Steve Linscomb mentioned nothing of rain in the morning forecast -- only clouds -- so I straightened my hair. And it's pretty much been raining all day. Boo. I've switched over to ponytail mode.

3. On Thursday, I got my hairs cut and highlighted. It's been quite a long time since I've had highlights and I have to say, it was time for them. I needed a change. Plus I really, really, REALLY love the pampering experience.

4. Speaking of pampering, I also am quite fond of spa pedicures. I know some think it's indulgent, but I really am on my feet a lot and they deserve a reward for their hard work. Plus I do a terrible job when I paint my own toes.

5 I am lately obsessed with cuticle nippers. If you don't have a pair, you should immediately go out and make a purchase. Just be careful to not go overboard.

6. I have a ton of books I want to read but don't ever seem to have time to get around to them. So I'm trying a new thing where I keep a book by my bed and a try to read for at least 20-30 minutes a night. I haven't been wildly successful in this endeavor as I've forgotten on several occasions, but I did just finish a book over the weekend so that is better than nothing.

7. I'm super excited to see Myra and Patrick and Morgandy on Saturday! I haven't seen them since Morgandy's birth, which feels like forever ago even though it's only been 6 months. Then again, it's been six whole months. Goodness!

3 comments:

myra said...

We can't wait to see you either! I was thinking about that today. I wonder if Morgandy will recognize you since you were one of the first people she saw. I won't count on it but wouldn't that be so cool?

PS I think it's hilarious that you said you got your "hairs" cut!

Jaime said...

I wanted to say that I love your hair. I think the highlights are great! Speaking of pampering, I got my beautiControl prods. from Jenn (I used the coupons). I was really looking forward to using the foot creme all over (beacuse that is what Denise said), however...the smell is atrocious. I am going to see if I can switch it for something else. Kinda bummed!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the movie review... I wanted to go see it, but the previews don't give you much, so i was a little hesitant.. i think I'll wait for the blockbuster release... also, I'm sad Steve let you down.. he seemed like such a reliable guy ;) ... the next three weeks of my life are filled with finals, but i promise that the second I turn my last one in, I will be dialing your number so we can catch up! I hope everything is going good for you!

P.S. - if you see Nelda at church, give her a hug from me, please...

P.P.S -- blogger won't let me sign in... This is Jinny.. just FYI