Lately, I've been feeling the need for a change in my life. The harsh reality of entering my late 20's has brought with it the additionally harsh reality that I might need a more sophisticated wardrobe. For instance, I should probably not wear a camp t-shirt, jeans, tennies, and a hoodie to work. Yet that is exactly what I have found myself doing the past three days. I used to care about fashion, but I've been so busy with my job that I hardly even notice when I go 4 months without a haircut or that I have a professional image to maintain. (Okay, so really I am just low on clean laundry and I've been sick....but let's stick with the story here, folks.)
TLC is one of my favorite channels. Why? Because it features What Not to Wear, one of my favorite shows. If you've never watched style gurus Stacy London and Clinton Kelly at work, you're missing out.
So what I propose is this: I will continue to wear t-shirts, jeans, and tennies every day for several weeks. You will nominate me for the show, explaining that I never dress appropriately. Stacy and Clinton will come to my rescue with the $5,000 Visa card in hand. I'll get to go shopping in NYC and also get a hair and makeup makeover in the process. (See, it's a brilliant plan.)
Any questions? No? Okay then...get to nominating!

3 comments:
sounds like a brilliant plan... then when you meet clinton, you can tell him about your really cute friend, jinny, show him a picture, and then bring him to oklahoma, where he will fall in love with me and then take me shopping... (that is, if he isn't gay or married)okay.. 1,2,3, GO!
i tried to nominate my mom for that show... but they never got back to me... silly TLC! ... i tell you what, tams -- this summer, we'll sit down together and fill it out... that way, i can get lots of "secret footage" too!
Tams, I'm not surprised that you've come up with this plan. I too have been contemplating dressing down for a few months just to get the shopping spree in NYC. I do think that there are lots of people in this world who are in desperate need of the show and don't even realize it. Maybe we should start up our own show. We could be the next Clinton and Stacey!
Jinny, how funny would that be? I'll go ahead and start dressing appropriately for the time being to minimize my embarrassment. I'd rather save it up for the national TV spot. :)
Manders, we should totally start our own show! We could handle the fashion, hair, and makeup ourselves -- which would make us way more cool that Stacy and Clinton. Yet another brilliant idea! (We can run the bridal boutique on the side.)
Post a Comment