2nd Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

change is in the air...

One of my best pals in the whole wide world is moving this week to pursue an adventure and dream. I'm excited for her to step out in faith, knowing God will guide her. I'm scared for her to step out onto the street, knowing there are more crazies per capita where she's headed. But mostly, I'm proud of her, knowing this is the first of many steps outside the box that has confined -- and in some ways, defined -- her. She is a special individual God put in my path many years ago and I thank him daily for it.

It's hard for me to realize, at times, that people change and grow and move on when I can't see them. Life doesn't stop just because you leave one particular environment. I wish I could bottle up all the smells and tastes and sounds of certain times in my life and store them in a container a little more sturdy than my memory. But I'm thankful for what I can recall. The bits and pieces of my history, trapped in my mind, are the threadwork of an exquisite life quilt, even if I do say so myself.

...After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away...

6 comments:

Mandy said...

I couldn't have said it any better Tams. Jayna will be missed, and so are you! I'M ALONE!!!!!!!!!!

Stacey said...

That's a great pictures of Jayna! Though, it doesn't look much like the silly, crazy, live outside the box Jayna I've come to know and love. =)

Anonymous said...

Manders: You are not alone. You have Dara. And Ollie Pup Boy. And regular Boy too. But if you are lonely, come down to SA! Seriously, you can lay out all year round (with sunscreen, of course!).

Stacey: I know, this is not Quirky Jayna we know and love. This is Glamour Jayna, as styled, directed, and photographed by Mandy a few years back. Amazing, huh?

Niki said...

Well said Tams! I've thought the same things as I've said goodbye to friends in many cities. Ahh the glamorous life a youth minister wife! ;)

btw, I love the makeover idea from a few posts ago. I'll nominate you, but girl you soooooo don't NEED it! ;)

Dara said...

I still think we're being punked.

Jayspee27 said...

HI!!! I'm ALIVE!!! Uhh...Tams, the picture is ummm....well, I'm speachless. I'm not one to brag...but mandy takes a mean pic.
I appreciate this entry. I can't tell you enough how blessed I am to have you in my life. Thank you for loving me and lighting up my life. I know that there is no way I would ever be who I was if it wasn't for you 4 girls. (I don't know if that's good or bad) I miss you guys already.
That quote is one of my favorite from our favorite SATC b/c of how true it really is.