2nd Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

confessions

In no particular order, here are some things I feel compelled to share with you today:

1. I didn't take a shower yesterday.  The day got away from me as I had other things to work on during Marin's naps, so I planned to take one last night.  And I didn't.  I felt like a rebel in a way.  But mostly, I just felt gross.

2. I'm on a serious ice cream kick.  We're talking ice cream sandwich in the first half of the day and a bowl of ice cream (potentially with Hershey's syrup on it) at night.  Almost every day.  This probably needs to stop.  Except all I can think about right now is that last ice cream sandwich in the freezer that I've yet to consume.  I might need therapy.

3. I had a plan for weaning Marin from her pacis.  At 12 months, she'd stop getting it during the day unless we went somewhere, and she could always have it for sleeping.  At 15 months, she'd stop getting it when we went somewhere, so she'd just be down to sleeping.  At 18 months, we'd stop altogether.  So when she was 12 months, I stuck to the plan.  But at 15 months, not so much.  She actually started getting it during the daytime a lot, too.  FAIL!  So as of today, we're back on the "no pacis during the day" thing.  I was met with resistance this morning (read: weeping and gnashing of 12 tiny teeth) but I stuck to my guns.  Because I'm a good mom?  No way.  Because I'm stubborn?  Absolutely.  If Marin's still sucking a paci when she's 15 years old, don't judge me. 

4. I didn't necessarily want to devote a whole post to this.  But people keep asking and so I thought I'd let you know that I'm doing well.  God has been so, so good to us these past few weeks and has provided countless wonderful people to minister to us, support us, encourage us, feed us...  Thank you! 

1 comment:

Jennifer Schroeder said...

Praying for you friend. So, on the cruise Greg and I went on this last week, we saw these two 4-year old twins sucking away on their pacis everywhere. So, good for you for sticking to your guns.