I really don't have a history of craftiness. I mean, I've had good intentions of it and wonderful dreams of it, but I can't recall ever making things. Even my scrapbooking foray was short-lived and not exactly top notch.
But being a SAHM now, I wanted something fun to do during Marin's nap times. Hence, these easy crafting ventures began.
When my in-laws came for Christmas, Debbie and I pulled out my miniature pink plastic sewing machine and made a pillow case style top, size 3. I thought I took a picture of it but apparently I didn't. Trust me, it was cute. So after getting a "real" sewing machine, I decided to wing it and make a smaller dress. Don't mind the horrible stitching. I'm still learning.
I completely stole this idea from Jaime. I had some fabric left over from the embroidery hoops project I did for wall art in Marin's nursery, so bought a little chenile and made these burpies.
Up next, a travel-size wipes case that I covered with batting and fabric and a little trim. I added a line of the pink elastic-y trim across the back so you can stash a diaper if you want. Can you tell I l.o.v.e. this green and white fabric? I used it to make a headband holder, too (not pictured).
At our MOPS midmonth in December, we learned how to make these flowers. Super easy and cute! You can put them on any kind of backing you want, really -- a pin, a bobby pin, a hair clip, whatever.
My crafting really started with bows. This was the first one that didn't necessarily look like I made it, which was a good thing. There are so many different ways to tie bows. I really like the look of this one.
I made this wipes case as a gift for a friend.
And also these burpies.
And also these bows. The small pink one can be added to other ones to make little double-decker bows, too. I really need to make some of these for Marin!
So baking probably doesn't count as crafting. But this pound cake recipe came courtesy of my friend Myra and it is regularly requested by my husband now. In fact, I might have to make one tonight. Mmmmm....
Marin turned 1 recently and I decided to make her a birthday banner. It's what's hanging up in the window here. Not exactly a great shot, but it will have to do for now. I used that food color spray stuff to do the pink and green on the cupcake icing, FYI. It was messy to use, but came out cuter than I expected.
That's all for now. I have more baby gifts to make and bows to make and sewing to improve. What projects have you surprised yourself with lately?
P.S. -- So you don't think I'm a bad mom for neglecting to post pics of my kid, check out my FB page for the first batch of her 1-year-old shots. Soooo cute, even if I do say so myself!

5 comments:
Very cute!!
Great job, tamra! I have that green and white fabric too- very cute!! :-)
Awesome job!!! Such cute things!! So much easier than you think once you start going huh?!
Love, love, love all the crafty items. I need you to teach me how to make some of those things.
Who knew you were so crafty?! Go, girl!
Post a Comment