2nd Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

daddy's got a plan

Mark was flipping channels the other night and stopped on that Asht*n K*tcher movie in which he plays the boyfriend who's gone home with his girlfriend to meet her family. 

Mark didn't watch too long before coming to me with a concerned look on his face.  He said he didn't like the idea of Marin bringing home boyfriends -- or having a boyfriend in general.  I laughed and asked what his alternative would be (because in my head, the alternatives were her being without a date ever or else "swinging the other way," neither of which sounded like a better plan).  Without a moment's hesitation, he responded, "Jesus could come back!" 

At least Daddy's got a plan, Cupcake....

11 comments:

Chera said...

HA...I can see that expression on his face! Daddy's girl all the way! :o)

Jennifer Schroeder said...

Okay, that is hilarious!

The Boyds said...

OMG That is TOO funny! I will have to share this with my hubby...he better get ready for it! She will have him wrapped around those tiny fingers instantly!

kara said...

hahaha i just laughed out loud! so funny. by the time she's out of high school a year... you'll both be glad when she has a boyfriend :)

Kayla said...

How cute! I like that plan!

Shannon West said...

I'd rather the girls be bringing a boyfriend home than hanging out with them somewhere else.

Lately, we've been emphasizing the "friend" part of boyfriend.

No rush!

Ryan and Katie said...

haha!

Anonymous said...

I had to share the with Matt, that is too funny.

Sarabeth W.

Unknown said...

Bless his heart- it has been very different thinking about the future of our boys vs. Zoe's future! As it stands neither Cooper or Mason will be getting married (their words not mine) Jaxon is going to marry me and live with me forever (his words not mine) and Zoe can just go right under Mr. Mark's plan!

Pa David said...

We are STILL laughing!! Yes, Mark, and Tyler will be right there with you!! Poor Ivy and Marin...
Love y'all... see you soon!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

That Mark gets me every time!

xoxo~
Lis