We have a mere 98 days to go till Lulu Cupcake -- I mean Marin Grace -- is fully cooked. No telling if she'll feel inclined to stay inside that long. I should probably be freaked out by how quickly this parenting thing will be upon us, but it hasn't kicked in yet. You call it denial; I call it peace.
The painter is coming at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow to paint the nursery (along with the guest room and D.A.R.). So excited for this step as it will allow us to start making decorative progress. Our P*ttery B*rn Kids store is closing in 10 days, which is depressing since that's where we've picked out nursery bedding. I keep hoping the overpriced curtains I want will go on an inventory clearance sale. So far, no such luck.
My goal for tomorrow -- because I've chosen to not qualify laundry as a goal till I'm at home full-time with an infant -- is to take my "big girl camera" out of the box and start learning how to use it. This is thrilling for me...and a little nerve-wracking. Don't judge me for being more nervous about my camera than about impending parenthood. We all deal in our own time and in our own way, right?

7 comments:
Hey, is Pottery Barn Kids closing, or just the store in the mall? That makes me sad if the whole store is closing. They have such cute things. --Kristie Speer
that bedding is darling.
Kristie: It's just our local store. But that means the nearest PBK will be in north Austin. Thank goodness for online ordering!
Jill: Thanks! Mark was a fan that it's not overly pink. And the birds were a nice selling point too!
Now I'm freaked out because you're only 6 weeks ahead of me. So many babies!
I found out the store is closing and was too busy to let you know but am bummed. Hey, Austin isn't too far for little LC. I love her name. If I could be named something else, I'd choose Grace (although I don't embody that name AT all).
So exciting! Thanks for sharing your journey.
Love you~
Lis
The word I was just asked to type was snisolit. It made me laugh. If you're looking for a boy's name in the future, perhaps you can use that. Sort of Suess'ish, isn't it?
I gave you a Blogger Award for having such a great and inspirational blog. Check out my blog for your award.
Post a Comment