2nd Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Be honest...

How often do you clean out the lint thing in your dryer? I mean really. My mom raised me with the "clean it with every load" approach -- which I firmly bucked in my adulthood on sheer principle. But I'm beginning to wonder, what's normal?

13 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Every time. Now that doesn't mean there isn't residual because I'm usually rushing. However, I make an attempt to keep it clean.

When the fire happens, don't be looking for a place to stay, you rebel, you.

xoxo~
Lisa

Mandy said...

Every single time. And Matt gets in trouble when he doesn't.

April said...

I'm a every other load kind of girl

Jill said...

ok...here's the deal. i check it every time, but if there isn't really anything there, i just put it back. brody on the other hand cleans it EVERY time and even has a special brush that he has in the laundry room to get all the teeny, tiny lint pieces. it's a sickness...he's weird...but cute, so i'll keep him.

Unknown said...

Every time without fail- Your dryer works more efficiently that way and I FEAR FIRE! You can stay with me if you burn your house down but you have to clean the lint trap on my dryer if you use my dryer when you are here! : )

myra said...

There's a sign in our laundry room to remind us to clean it out after each use, makes sense to me because it's a small lint trap. However my regular dryer has a bigger lint trap so I only cleaned it out when it was full. But now that Kayren's put the fear in me I guess I start cleaning it every time ;)

Jaime said...

I wipe mine every time too, but I never get in it with a brush because I don't own one or know where to get one. I fear fire too! You can clean it with the used dryer sheet then your hands don't have to get all lint-y.

Deborah said...

I do it when the load of towels still isn't dry and it's a, "oh yeah, I have to clean that lint thingy."

The Stringers said...

I clean it every other time and always after a load of towels. I am big on occasionally taking the lint thing out and turning the dryer on for a few seconds just to really clear it out in there.

Julie said...

I'm an everytimer. Yes, I miss occasionally, but I, too, fear the fire.

Chera said...

Every single time...if I don't it takes forever for the next load to dry completely!

Arwen said...

Every time, but I've never used or even owned the little lint brush thingy. I won't, however, hold you to my rule when you come and visit. I'm not one to stand in the way of anyone-other than myself- doing laundry. Interestingly, I have NO idea if Randy checks the lint trap, but if I had to guess I'd say he cleans it everytime too.

Davilafullhouse said...

When I think about it which is not very often but Jesse does do it every time. So I guess I am leaving that up to him. HA HA