2nd Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 24, 2007

fall

If you know me even remotely well, it will come as no surprise to you that I sometimes struggle with decision-making on ridiculous, trivial issues such as favorites. It's almost painful for me to pick one single, solitary thing as my absolute favorite of whatever category you choose. I don't know exactly why...but it feels confining to me in an odd way to have to narrow every option down to just one that I love more than any other. Why can't I have them all?!

One exception to this rule: my favorite season. Without a doubt, hands down, my favorite season is fall.

Fall is a glorious time of year when the temperature cools (unless you live in south Texas) and the leaves turn colors (at least they will this year since they didn't burn out in a dry summer) and spicey scents fill the air (thanks to my candle collection). It signals the fun holidays of Halloween and Thanksgiving with Christmas not far behind. It just plain makes me happy.

And because it makes me happy, I like to celebrate the first day of fall with its very own party. This year, that included Mark making me a lunch of roast, potatoes, carrots, and such -- topped off with carrot cake for dessert. I loved it!

If you didn't yet celebrate, have no fear. Fall is so fabulous you can celebrate it all season long. Just grab your fall must-haves (pumpkin bread, wassail, a scarf?) and get to it.

"This is the day that the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

9 comments:

JD said...

Hey I just ran across your blog... have to say I agree with you about fall... LOVE the wassle and hot chocolate, the layering, the long sleeves and slight chill at night. Cuddly! Cute blog by the way :)

-Lara

Lara said...

I don't know how that comment was posted as "simon indy"... I'm "cwazylawa"... weird!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Me too...I'm Miss Indecisive but Autumn (which leads to fall) is my favorite time of year, too. However, we totally get robbed of it here. :o( I LOVE crisp, cool days, the smell of cinnamon and pumpkin, the crunch of leaves underneath me, and many years ago I didn't mind raking leaves.

Funny that you and Mark had roast. I am planning on making it NEXT week when Don will be home all week.

Thanks for making me think of cozy, homey things as I sit here in my air-conditioned house in my NON-fall clothes.

LO

Tabs said...

This why we are friends, my friend. I too am a HUGE lover of fall! Way to celebrate!!

Jill said...

I can't pick a favorite, but i do LOVE to decorate for fall...maybe because my house is painted fall colors, or maybe it's the teacher in me that loves to decorate. i also really look forward to my bath and body pumpkin lotion that i save and only wear in october and november :)

myra said...

I am with you Tams! L-O-V-E fall and hope that one day I will live in a place where it's actually a season and the leaves turn pretty colors before they fall from the tree. I think I also love it because it brings birthdays for everyone in my family and thats so fun!

Dara said...

Hobby Lobby fall decorations...best thing in the world.

Anonymous said...

1) Love me some fall.

2) I now work part time at Pier 1, and you should go check out the pumpkin swirl potpourri, I know you and you'd love it. It's fallalicious.

3) Your blog makes me type in a word verification to make sure I'm not a spammer, and I swear the one for this time is "npyles" which made me laugh because I'm a third grader and thought of inappropriate words.

4) Call me.

OK Chick said...

I like fall too. Here in OK it's upper 80s for the next few weeks. I wish we would get fall weather.