2nd Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 24, 2006

ugh!

As it seems I've been operating with a higher level of stress than usual, I thought staying in my home all day Thursday and actually taking my day off from work would be good therapy for me. That is, until I started driving to work this morning.

I must have missed the memo about it being National Drive Like An Idiot Day.

Not one person driving near me seemed to have their head screwed on straight. We had people flicking cigarette butts out into the grassy shoulder areas while we're in the midst of a burn ban. We had people driving 20 miles under the speed limit for seemingly no reason except to annoy others. We had a truck going so fast that the empty water jugs that had not been properly secured within the bed were flying out onto the street, nearly causing several collisions. We had drivers on their cell phones, not paying attention to their surroundings. We had a lack of yielding, lack of turn signal usage, and multiple instances of sudden and unwarranted braking. By the time I got to work, I had seriously begun whether this was my cue to return to small town living.

The drive home proved no better. I am considering writing to the powers that be with a suggestion for a new motto, as "Drive Friendly The Texas Way" seems completely inaccurate and untrue. Ugh!

2 comments:

Niki said...

Were you driving in Denver??? Sounds like a few of my commutes!

My brother calls drivers like that IOWA...idiots out wandering around. Hey! HE calls them that - not me.

myra said...

I have to say that I am surprised that you made it almost a whole year without encountering a situation like this. I still hold to my story that San Antonio drivers are the worst EVER. Put me on I-10 in Houston ANY day over 410 in San Antonio on a holiday.