Do you ever have one of those days where God completely reveals himself to you and you think to yourself, "YES! This is exactly what I needed. God is good!" You might take some time to praise God and reflect on His work in your life. And you feel content in your faith and your relationship with God. All is right. It's a good day. But then the very next day -- BOOM! Satan comes flying at you with so much force that it knocks you back.
That's kind of where I am today. Instead of wallowing in it, though, I am fighting back. I decided to seek some wisdom from my Father. And this is what He provided:
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. -- Isaiah 40:29-31
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -- Isaiah 41:10
What scripture(s) do you find empowering?

11 comments:
hey, that verse is on my blog too.. for some reason, it's been dispensing immeasurable amounts of comfort these past couple weeks. So encouraging. I'm glad to see you are still with us ;) and hope tomorrow goes much better for you...
I really like Col. 3:1-17 with special emphasis on vs 1-4. I memorized the whole passage and think about it quite often.
Tamra! I know just how you feel! The verse that gets me through every trial in my life is this, "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you serarch for Me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13
God has a plan, just keep calling on Him! I hope tomorrow is better. I think it will be!
jinny! i need to catch up on my blog writing and reading both. isaiah is such a great book! i'm glad you're finding it helpful too.
and gam...did you actually comment on my blog? is this a first? i just re-read colossians 3. it's a challenging text, but a great one. thanks for sharing it!
april! we just missed each other while commenting. how funny! LOVE that scripture. it's been a bathroom mirror verse favorite of mine for a while.
i think it's funny how everyone seems to be on their computers tonight... i have a test tomorrow, yet can't seem to tear myself away... the verse on my mirror right now is John 3:30 "He must become GREATER; I must become less"
Thoughts like these went through my head constantly while trekking up a 14000 ft mountain this summer and how applicable it was to other parts of my life. Thank the Lord that we dont have to rely on our own strength! and thank the Lord that he provides a week out at sea! ;)
I would have to say mine is Proverbs 3:5-6...Trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your path straight. Thanks for sharing this Tams, as always, you hit home...Hopefully we can get together soon since I live right down the street from you! Your in my prayers babe! <3 Sara
Golly. I sure do love you, Tams! I've been battling with similar feelings - as you know - so I've had to do a lot of searching lately as well. I have found quite a few "inspiring" texts, but this one is short, sweet, and to the point on "Don't make me get out of bed!" days:
"The LORD will fight for you, and you only have to be still." - Exodus 14:14
How amazing that my God, my warrior, is always there to do battle for me...because He believes in me and loves me unfathomably!
I wish you big hugs and loads of encouragement today as you witness more of His love for you!
Love ya, Tams!
Riz
okay tamra.. here's the deal... i'm sending richard a resume sometime this weekend for the summer, so if you want to put a good word in for me with the deacons that would be great ;) then we could hang out together ALL summer!! (not to mention finally actually getting to meet each other ;) )
For me, since the time I was in college and going thru rough days (college, rough? what?) I have found comfort in Psalms 121. The whole thing is pretty darn good to remember but the part that always helps me through is verse 3 "He will not let your foot slip, he who watches over you will not slumber." It's so nice to know that the Lord never sleeps and is always there for me, protecting me.
Post a Comment