So on Monday, I had a proverbial bee in my bonnet. I got up at a reasonable time, I got productive, I made tremendous progress in my guest room. If you are one of the unfortunate few who saw it in its state of total chaos and confusion...you'd be proud. During this time, however, my downstairs neighbors seemed to have a problem with my noise. They came and knocked on my door. I wasn't dressed enough to answer but saw them through the peep hole, apologized through the door, and quieted down. But really, it was the afternoon and I think I was every bit entitled to make noise. I was unpacking for goodness' sake!
On Tuesday, I had a literal bee in my literal car. For those of you around a couple years ago when I got stung by a bee (I still blame you, Sara Raney) and the trip to the ER afterward because apparently I'm highly allergic...you can imagine the sheer terror on my face. I very carefully got out of my car and opened a second door (everyone likes choices, maybe bees do too), and prepared myself for a stand down. It was on! Me v. The Bee. It took some time, and I was much later to work than planned, but the bee flew off into the sunrise. Or maybe just across the fence toward the screaming kids at Kinder Care. I resumed my day.
And now it is Thursday morning and you know what? My downstairs neighbors are hammering away. Channeling my best Stephanie Tanner impression, I simply have to say: "HOW RUDE!" And no, I will not be going to knock on their door. Mark's "anger management" sermon series has paid off. (Because you know I'm such an angry, confrontative person and all...ha!)

5 comments:
I hate rude people! Good thing Jayna is my neighbor:) -Dara
I would just like to confirm that you are the one that offered to talk outside, and lets be realistic here NO ONE passes up the chance to have a convo with Tamra Townsley...! Not to mention I had just had the most horrible experience in my life to this day...Therefore I only take partial blame... : )
hahaha...it's true! and i don't really blame you at all. i was just checking to see if you read my blog! ;)
Don't you just HATE noisy neighbors?!?
yes, especially ones that play ghetto funk songs about taking your clothes off.... oh wait, that wasn't my neighbor. it was my roommate! ;)
Post a Comment