I'm an opinionated person and despite the general fluff I post on this blog for entertainment's sake, there are plenty of other things I ponder and discuss with others. One such thing is this new breed of men and women who have opted against drinking and drugging and instead select a new drug of choice: the euphoria of an ego boost.
I think it's fairly safe to generalize that most people enjoy a good compliment. And even further, the knowledge that someone finds you attractive or might be interested in you provides a higher level of personal satisfaction and positive self-concept. There's nothing wrong with that. Where this gets a bit twisted is when people toy with and manipulate others in order to achieve this self-esteem "high."
I saw an episode of Kept on VH1, a new contest-based "reality show" on which men vie for the opportunity to be Jerry Hall's "kept man." These guys have signed up for this vanity show of their own volition. But I still am quite intrigued by the whole situation.
What are your thoughts?

1 comment:
I think it's stupid and egotistical. Then again, if I had money to blow, there is no telling what I would do too.
Post a Comment